An article recently featured on Yahoo Lifestyle profiled a young man named Gunner. He shared his story on how he lost 156 pounds in one year. You can see the article here . I've also highlighted some of the things I thought may encourage you in your journey to a lifestyle change.
- Was overweight and lethargic most of his life. Realized he needed to make a lifestyle change to accomplish his goals.
- At 24, made a decision to live a healthier and more active life. He realized the only way it was going to happen was with putting in the effort.
- He began by attacking with a persistent mindset.
- He walked 3 to 4 miles per day and lost 40lbs in the first four months.
- Lowered calories as much as he could in a healthy way, stopped drinking soda and eating bad carbs.
- Rules: no sugar, no bread, no salt.
- Diet was mostly chicken, rice, eggs, protein shakes and salads.
- When he hit a plateau, he went vegetarian and did some intermittent fasting.
- He then added weight training in to his program.
- It took four or five months from there to see any visual changes.
- There's nothing magic about accomplishing this goal. The only thing you need is a clear mindset, patience and consistency.
I hope this has encouraged any of you who have been struggling with change. It's possible. You just have to have a reason greater than your excuses, decide to do it, be consistent, be patient and be relentless about achieving your goal.