Here's a great article I'd like to share with all of you. It's by the Poliquin Group called, "9 Secrets of the Effortlessly Lean. "
I bullet pointed the 9 secrets, but when you get a chance, read it. There's a lot of good and simple info on shedding and keeping off body fat.
- Maintain muscle mass through training and diet. Never do slow cardio to reduce body fat.
- Avoid "deadline eating" in favor of a sustainable lifestyle change
- Focus on the food quality rather than then quantity
- Eat to fight stress. A high protein, low sugar diet will elevate your mood and reduce stress hormones like cortisol that makes your body store fat
- Know that hormones matter more than calories and use it to your advantage
- Figure out a way to eat so you enjoy your food instead of obsessing over off-limit food or getting side tracked by the minutiae of your diet
- Be consistent. Eat the same basic stuff day after day, year after year, instead of continually overhauling your diet and lifestyle
- Take responsibility for your results
- Believe and commit