It's Valentines Day. Today may not be the day when you're able to strut your stuff for your Valentine with a solid six-pack of abs.
But if you want to have that six-pack of abs by V-Day 2019 or, even summer. Here's a checklist of how you do it. These must be committed to 95% of the time.
1. Eat protein and veggies at every meal: That means at least a palm size of protein and fist size of vegetables. Three to four meals per day.
2. Include a healthy fat at each meal: This is a thumb size of healthy fats (cold-pressed oils, nuts, and seeds)
3. Eat a small amount of carbs, post-workout ONLY: This is a cupped handful size of carbs only. These include smart carbs like berries, brown rice, plantains, sweet potatoes
4. Limit carbs at all other meals: This means limiting even smart carbs like whole grains, potatoes, fruits, and legumes. You can still do veggies.
5. Exercise INTENSELY 4-5 days per week: Forty-five to 60 minutes of weight training, interval training, cardio.
6. Get 8 hours of sleep each night: This is non-negotiable
Following this with almost 100% accuracy will help you achieve the body fat you need to show off the coveted six squares in the front of your body. This means males are sitting around 10% body fat and females under 20%.
Other things you may have to de-commit to are cheat days, alcohol and any of your friends or family that call you crazy.
So there you have it. It is possible. You just have to ask yourself if you have that level of commitment to make it happen.