"You will be the same person you are in 5 years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read." Charlie "Tremendous" Jones
A few days ago I came across an article on success.com called, 25 Books for Success . As I read the list, I noticed that most of these were timeless pieces by authors like Norman Vincent Peale, James Allen, Jim Rohn and Zig Ziglar.
As April joins the year 2018, a new quarter is upon us. It may be time to look back at your personal growth goals for 2018. What books have you read? What steps have you taken in the first three months of 2018 to grow?
I had a few requests to post the books that I've read or have influenced me over the past couple years so here they are. Each of these books presents something different, but all are great in developing your mindset for personal and leadership success.
Here is the list in no particular order.
- The 21 Laws of Leadership, John Maxwell
- Start with Why, Simon Sinek
- The One Thing, Gary Keller
- The Compound Effect, Darren Hardy
- Extreme Ownership, Jocko Willink
- Grit, Angela Duckworth
- The Go Giver, Bob Burg
- Legacy, James Kerr
- Get Smart: How to Think and Act Like the Most Successful and Highest Paid People in Every Field, Brian Tracy
- Be Obsessed or Be Average, Grant Cardone
- The Experience: The 5 Principles Principles of Disney Service
- Ego is the Enemy, Ryan Holiday
- Linchpin, Seth Godin
- Developing the Leader Within You, John Maxwell